LSMC wants to make sure you perform at your peak in your desired sport. The University Interscholastic League (UIL) requires for all athletes, musically inclined, and performing arts participants to acquire a Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation.
Pre-Participation Physicals serve as a screening tool to identify if your child has any current conditions which may limit their ability to participate in sports. It also screens family medical histories which indicate that he /she may be more at risk for certain conditions. It is imperative that all questions are answered with a parent/guardian that has knowledge of family medical history. In the event something is abnormal our physicians may require a separate medical examination to evaluate the condition. Please review the following Items prior to your next Sports Physical.These items give our providers the information needed to properly evaluate your son/daughter. The most common reason for the doctor requesting a in office evaluations or not clearing a student is the student not knowing one of following details:
- All questions must be answered.
- If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of the questions under the “Medical History’ section please make sure you elaborate in the proper sections or attach an additional page to your packet. Please let us know who if not yourself endured such incidents i.e. heart attack, stroke, seizure, the approx. date, and why they may have gone through it.
- Be sure it is signed by a parent or guardian
- Be sure to bring glasses or contacts if applicable.
- Be knowledgeable of any medications currently being taken.
**Remember that sports physicals are not covered by insurances because they are for the sole purpose of the participation in an extracurricular activity, they are not intended to be full medical physical examinations. **
Here are our upcoming Sports Physicals dates: