LSMC is dedicated to offering you the highest level of service available anywhere. In order to manage our workload we need to follow guidelines with all of our patients. We ask that you read our policies and inform us of any special provisions which may apply to your particular situation.
1. PAYMENTS: All applicable fees, deductibles, coinsurance, or co-pays must be paid at the time of your appointment. We accept cash, checks, Visa, and MasterCard. Returned checks will be charged a $25.00 fee in addition to the amount of the original check. This will be due before the next visit in cash or by credit card.
2. INSURANCE: Please understand that having insurance is not a guarantee of payment. LSMC will bill your insurance as a courtesy to you, however, due to the vast differences in policies and insurance companies any balance not paid will be your responsibility. We strive to verify benefits prior to your visit so that we may explain the coverage your policy offers and what your requirements are. If you have any questions regarding insurance payments please contact your insurance company or policy representative FIRST, then call our office.
3. CANCELLATIONS: If you need to cancel your appointment, be sure to call us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. We will charge $25.00 for any missed appointment not canceled in advance. This fee must be paid on your next visit. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. APPOINTMENT TIME: We ask that our patients arrive on time for their appointments; this will facilitate our ability to see you as scheduled. In an effort to serve all our patients well, patients arriving 15 minutes past their appointment time will be seen as a walk-in. After 30 minutes you will be rescheduled.
5. PPO REFERRALS: If your policy requires written authorization from your Primary Care Physician, we will request authorization, in advance. This is done as a courtesy for our patients; however, we cannot guarantee authorization will be granted. Please keep in contact with your physician to ensure your visit is pre-approved, to avoid having to make payment in full.
6. CHANGE OF INFORMATION: Please provide us with any change regarding your address, phone number or insurance information as soon as possible. Change of insurance will require the completion of a new Patient Information Form and may not be changed over the telephone.
7. MEDICATION REFILL REQUESTS: Please contact your pharmacy first. They will call our office for authorization of the refill.
8. MEDICAL RECORD COPY REQUESTS: Requests for copies of your medical records must be made in writing. Our office will respond within 15 business days to a properly completed written request. We cannot give copies of any x-rays or diagnostic imaging. FEES: We charge a flat rate of $25.00 per record. Copies of medical records will be retained until payment is received, unless requested by a licensed health care provider.
9. COMPLETION OF FORMS: As per the rules adopted by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, our office will respond to requests for the completion of medical forms following the receipt of a $10.00 fee. Forms will be completed as soon as possible.
10. CELLULAR PHONE USAGE: As a courtesy to the doctor please turn off your phones while you are in the exam rooms. The doctor gives you his undivided attention while in the room. We ask the same from you.