To be recognized in the Spotlight, you need only to excel in your chosen sport or activity, show a high level dedication to your sport or activity, and demonstrate a contribution to your community, i.e. community service, non-profit org, etc.
Spotlight recipients will be chosen from your resume, one-page letter, pictures, and/or videos submitted. If not chosen as the spotlight athlete for the month submitted, LSMC will hold that application for 2 more months’ eligibility.
To be recognized in the Athlete Spotlight:
- Send your resume.
- A minimum of 4 pictures of you engaged in your sport or activity. Videos are acceptable too.
- A one-page letter must also be submitted indicating why you feel you should be recognized as the spotlight athlete of the month.
- All information must be submitted in an organized manner to email@example.com.
To be considered for the LSMC Athlete Scholarship you must:
- Be a high school senior.
- You must have submitted a spotlight athlete package.
- You must complete a scholarship application. (download here)
- You must have a 3.5 GPA or better.
- You must have a minimum of 20 community service hours or be actively involved in a civic or charitable organization.